The MBSF base segment includes beneficiary enrollment information, (A/B/C/D). Medicare Advantage (Part C) and the Prescription Drug Program (Part D) plan enrollment information is included.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- State, county annual SSA codes
- State, county monthly FIPS codes
- Zip code, State and County
- Date of birth, date of death
- Reason for entitlement
- Monthly enrollment for each part of the Medicare program, A/B/C/D
- Dual eligible status
- Part C plan and enrollment information
- Part D plan and enrollment information
- Part D low income cost sharing
- Four additional segments are available for order with this file:
- Part C and Part D enrollment information are available beginning with the 2006 file year. Years prior to 2006 include an indicator variable for managed care enrollment.