The Home Health Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) contains data items developed to measure patient outcomes and for improve home health care. The OASIS assessments are required of all home health agencies certified to accept Medicare and Medicaid payments.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- HIPPS code
- socio-demographic variables
- information on patient home environment and informal caregivers
- health status, including diagnosis codes
- functional status
- psychosocial status
- health service utilization
- emergent care
- hospital admission
- The Medicare Prescription Drug Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003 (MMA) suspended required completion for non-Medicare and non-Medicaid patients.