The MAX Prescription Drug file includes records of for filled prescriptions from fee-for-service(FFS claims) paid by Medicaid and encounter records for prescription drugs paid by a Medicaid managed care organization.
The Medicaid RX Prescription Drug file includes fee-for-service (FFS) claim and managed care encounter records that contain a National Drug Code (NDC) for a filled prescription.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- National Drug Code (NDC)
- Days supply covered by the prescription
- Charges and Medicaid payments (FFS only)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) for the billing provider
- Encounter record reporting may not be complete. Data reporting may vary by state, year, eligibility group
- Information on the drug name, dosage and format is not recorded in the MAX RX file. An external source of NDC data will be required if that information is needed.