The Medicaid Long Term (LT) Care File contains claim records for institutional long term care provided at four specific facility identified by the MAX Type of Service:
- Nursing Facility Services
- Mental Hospital Services for the Aged
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Services for Individuals Under the Age Of 21
- Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) Services for Individuals With Intellectual Disabilities
This file includes:
- 5 diagnosis codes
- Admission date
- Charges and payments (FFS only)
- Provider identifier
- Patient discharge status or destination
- Counts of covered days
- Encounter record reporting may not be complete. Data reporting may vary by state, year and eligibility group.
- Stays may be made up of multiple records.
- Long term care services provided to community-dwelling beneficiaries are found the MAX OT file.