The Medicare home health agency (Encounter) data file includes Medicare Advantage (MA) plan paid records for home health agency services.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- Part C Benefit Package and Contract number
- diagnosis (ICD diagnosis) codes
- HCPCS code
- Revenue center codes, dates, unit counts
- Organization NPI
- NPI for line rendering physician
- Patient discharge status code
- No payment variables
- Many Medicare Advantage Plans offer extra coverage in addition to services covered under traditional fee-for-service Medicare (e.g., vision, hearing, dental, and/or health and wellness programs). Encounter data will include records for these additional items and services provided under the plan.
Research Identifiable Files