This workshop will introduce the audience to the basic evaluation methods used in health economic analyses, the use of the Medicare Claims data payment related variables, and the use of Medicare Cost Report data. This workshop will be a 2-day workshop. You may register for either days of the workshop or for both days. The first day will focus on the use of the Medicare Claims & MedPAR file and the second day will focus on the use of the Medicare Cost Reports. There is no charge for the workshop.
- Understand the types of economic evaluations and perspectives in health care
- Understand the various Medicare payment systems
- Understand payment and charge variables in the Medicare Claims files & MedPAR file
- Become familiar with the various methods of calculating cost of care
- Understand the benefits and limitations of using the Medicare cost reports for research
If you have questions about registering for our workshops, please contact Stephanie Jarosek at firstname.lastname@example.org.