The Research Identifiable (RIF) DUA delineates the confidentiality requirements of the Privacy Act and CMS's data release policies and procedures.
- At the onset of your request, please provide an unsigned, draft document in PDF format.
- ResDAC recommends including more than one individual on the DUA (either a different User/Custodian or under a DUA Signature Addendum) so there will always be at least 2 people listed on the DUA to receive CMS communication of expiration notices, etc.
- For the User and Custodian, please provide street addresses where indicated (CMS does not accept PO Box addresses).
- If your request is federally funded then completion of DUA item 19 is required.
- The DUA is not finalized/signed until end of ResDAC review process.
- CMS does not currently accept electronic signatures.
Request Material Tips: