The Value Modifier (VM) NPI-Practice-Level Research Identifiable File (RIF) includes one record for each eligible professional associated with a practice subject to the VM based on the given performance year. Using the RIF data, researchers can examine practice specialty composition, size, and practice changes across performance years.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- Practice Identifier
- Eligible professional NPI
- Eligible professional subject to the VM
- Provider specialty
- No practice-level Quality and Resource Use Report (QRUR) or VM information (must link to VM Practice-Level RIF)
- Data documentation is specific to each performance year.
- Two additional VM program RIFs are available: