What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- quarterly assignment
- date of birth
- date of death
- monthly Medicare eligibility information
- encrypted beneficiary identifier link to the Shared Savings Program Provider-Level RIF
- This file can be linked to any other CMS file that includes the Bene ID.
- Shared Savings Program RIFs do not include Pioneer ACO, Next Generation ACO or Comprehensive End Stage Renal Disease Care (CEC) data.
- The Shared Savings Program Beneficiary-Level RIF was produced on an annual basis through Calendar Year 2017. Starting Quarter 1, 2018 the Shared Savings Program Beneficiary-Level RIF will be provided quarterly and annually.
- These files differ from the monthly Claim and Claim Line Feed (CCLF) files active Shared Savings Program ACOs receive from CMS. CCLF files include claims for the ACO’s assigned or assignable beneficiary population. The purpose of the CCLFs is to assist active Shared Savings Program ACOs with coordination of care. In contrast, Shared Savings Program Beneficiary-Level RIFs are statistics on beneficiaries and services included in each ACOs annual reconciliation. CCLF files cannot be linked to the Shared Savings Program Provider or Beneficiary RIFs.
- All technical questions related to the Shared Savings Program should be directed to the ACO Information Center, including monthly Claim and Claim Line Feed (CCLF) files, Managed File Transfer, and the Shared Savings Program ACO Portal. Please redirect your question to APOSD@cms.hhs.gov or by calling 1-888-734-6563 (select option 2); TTY/TDD 888-734-6563.