What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- Part D Plan enrollment and disenrollment dates
- Enrollment type, eg: auto, facilitated, passive, point of sale
- Months of LIS subsidy
- Beneficiary self-selector indicator
- Contract ID
- Plan ID
- Linking variables:
- CCW Beneficiary ID: linkage to the PDE and all other CMS Medicare or Medicaid data files
- Contract ID and Plan ID: linkage to the Part D Plan Characteristics file
Why do researchers request this file?
- Conduct research that identifies LIS beneficiaries and studies the effects of Part D auto-assignment, facilitated assignment and reassignment policies.
- There is at least one record for every beneficiary enrolled in Part D during the year; there may be multiple records if more than one plan was elected during the year.
- This file consists of two sub-files, Part D Plan Election File and Part D Re-Assignment File. When the Part D Plan Election Type Beneficiary Summary File is requested and approved, both sub-files are automatically delivered. The two sub-files link by CCW Beneficiary ID.