The Medicare Inpatient (Encounter, Preliminary) file contains Medicare Advantage plan paid records for inpatient hospital stays.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- Admission, discharge dates
- diagnosis (ICD diagnosis) codes
- procedure (ICD procedure) codes
- diagnostic related group (DRG) codes
- patient discharge status code
- organization NPI
- Part C/Medicare Advantage benefit package and contract number
- Revenue center codes, dates, unit counts
- No payment variables are available
- Many Medicare Advantage Plans offer extra coverage in addition to services covered under traditional fee-for-service Medicare (vision, hearing, dental, and/or health and wellness programs). Encounter will include records fo these additional items and services provided under the plan.
This file is no longer available since the final version is now available for request.
Research Identifiable Files