The Medicare home health agency (Encounter, Preliminary) data file includes Medicare Advantage (MA) plan paid records for home health agency services.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- Part C Benefit Package and Contract number
- diagnosis (ICD diagnosis) codes
- HCPCS code
- Revenue center codes, dates, unit counts
- Organization NPI
- NPI for line rendering physician
- Patient discharge status code
- No payment variables
- Many Medicare Advantage Plans offer extra coverage in addition to services covered under traditional fee-for-service Medicare (e.g., vision, hearing, dental, and/or health and wellness programs). Encounter data will include records for these additional items and services provided under the plan.
This file is no longer available since the final version is now available for request.