The ResDAC Assistance Desk, located at the University of Minnesota and staffed by master's-level trained Technical Advisors (TAs), provides technical assistance to researchers interested in using Medicare and/or Medicaid data.
We are here to assist you with the following Medicare and Medicaid-related data tasks:
- Understanding and interpreting Medicare and Medicaid program policies and coverage
- Learning about the strengths, weaknesses, and applications of Medicare and Medicaid data
- Understanding the creation of CMS's administrative data files and claims processing
- Reviewing the methods of cohort identification and file specifications
- Generating cost estimates and invoices for CMS data
- Preparing a request for CMS data
ResDAC TAs respond to requests within 7-10 business days. We are unable to offer direct support in performing statistical analysis.
ResDAC provides education and training opportunities through data workshops and a national outreach program. All workshops are free.