Looking for statistics on the Medicare or Medicaid programs or their beneficiaries? We can recommend several places to start your search.
CMS Website- Statistics, Trends and Reports section
Review the Statistics, Trends and Reports sub-heading on the Research, Statistics, Data & Systems page of the CMS website to find prepared statistics as well as public use files on topics including:
- Health Care Consumer Initiatives
- CMS Dashboards
- Medicare Advantage/Part D contract and Enrollment Data
- Medicare Enrollment Reports
- Medicare Fee-for-service for Parts A & B
- Medicare Geographic Variation
- National Health Expenditure Data
PUF Data/Non-Identifiable Files
CMS offers several data files that contain information on a wide range of Medicare and Medicaid topics. Search the available public use files on our website.
CCW Summary Statistics
The Chronic Condition Data Warehouse has a collection of aggregated tables and charts on their website. They provide data on the following topics:
- Chronic condition prevalence
- Medicare and Medicaid enrollment by state, gender, and race
- Cost and utilization data
- Medicare Part D enrollment figures
ResDAC KnowledgeBase Articles
Browse our KnowledgeBase of articles to find useful statistics on a specific topic as well as additional resources to help you find exactly the figures you are looking for.
CMS Data Navigator
The CMS Data Navigator is an easy-to-use, menu-driven search tool that makes the data and information resources of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) more easily available. Use the Data Navigator to find data and information products for specific CMS programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid, or on specific health care topics or settings-of-care.